Thursday 10 February 2011

Double Page Spread Mock Up.


For this double page spread I like the use of the one photo for the background, and I think the white title links in well with the artists shirt. However, the image doesn't leave much room for the actual article, as I didn't want to type over the artist, so this is something I will have to think about. Some parts of the text are also not visible, so I will have to change the colour of my text or change the background to make it visible, and easier to read. I also need to include page numbers at the bottom of my pages so that the readers know where they are in the magazine. The page looks a little bare, so I think I should include another colour as well. The lack of text is something else I need to address, maybe moving the text and quote boxes around so that my page looks though it has more information to offer.



I think this double page spread looks quite boring compared to the other two, as there isn't as much going on. I think that the text could be broken up by one of the quotes to make it look less 'wordy'. The text in the right hand column also overlaps the center of the page, which would make it impossible for the readers to read, so I need to think about where everything is going to go so that it all fits on the page, and it is all visible. I could add another colour to the colour palette to make the page stand out more, and look more interesting. Adding a small quote, or a small sentence to introduce the article, could be fitted under the title to make it look more professional. Page numbers are also required.



I like this double page spread because it has a picture of the featured artist for the background, which is what I want to use for my magazine, but you can also read the article quite easily as well. For the title, quote and 'Exclusive Interview' I should use a bolder font to make them more visible,  and possibly have the quote in black as it is hard to read in the present colour. I like having 'Exclusive Interview' down the side of the page, it makes the article look more important. The text on the left hand side needs to be more clearly separated, because at the moment that block of text looks like a lot of reading, so if it's separated it would make the amount of text look less 'intimidating'.

No comments:

Post a Comment