Wednesday 9 February 2011

Peer Evaluation.

From the comments and feedback I have received on my posts in relation to my mock ups, I think there are some elements that I need to take into consideration when creating my magazine. My first comments are on my front cover mock ups, where the minimalist look was liked, but I hadn't got my proportions correct, so this is something I must pay attention to when creating my magazine. Using more colour, rather than just having black and white, was also suggested in relation to my first cover mock up, so I will have to add another colour to my colour palette to make my magazine look interesting.


My choice of artist was also praised, they were considered to fit my magazine's music genre well. I am pleased with this because my model was my first choice to be my artist, and my target audience also like the image she presents.


My double page spread article was good, but needed more information as it wasn't very long. Therefore for my final magazine I will have to write more in for my article to make it look realistic, as it needs to fill the whole page to look convincing. To do this I should include more questions in the interview, add extra information to my introduction and make my artists responses to the questions longer. I could also give more information on the places that my artist went whilst on tour.


My first contents mock up received mixed reviews. The photo I had used contained a different model to the one I was planning to use, and they were not right for the genre of music. In my magazine I will have to refrain from using that person, or take another picture of them that will fit the genre of music my magazine features. However, my colour scheme, blue, white and black, was liked by my peers, and they thought it looked effective. It was suggested that I could use another colour, as the page looked quite bare, plus the blue element was liked, so I won't be getting rid of that colour, more just adding an extra one to my palette. It was also suggested that I add some more text to the page, as the lack of writing made the page look unrealistic, so in my final contents page I will include more text to make my magazine look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment