Monday 20 December 2010

Magazine Masthead Fonts.

Media Fonts

The first font, Alpha Echo, is a font that I like due to it's round edges. I think it makes the font look quite playful, which is a look I want for my font cover so that it would appeal to a younger audience. The font also looks professional, as it has a neat outline, and all the letters are the same size. I don't want to use this font in my magazine, as I think it looks to professional when I want a more playful style.

The second font, Jiczyn, is a more square font, but very similar in regard to the first font. The font also looks like it has been hand drawn, and makes it easier to relate to as than a professional looking font. I like this font but I think that the sharp edges look too harsh, so I wouldn't use it for my masthead, as it could look quite cold and uninviting to my target audience.

Euphoric is the third font that I looked at due to the 3D element. It is also another font that is designed to look like it has been drawn onto the page, rather than typed. Making the font look 3D seems to lift it slightly off the page, and therefore stand out more to peoples attention. This is the type/actual font I would like to use for my magazine masthead, as the style not only coincides with Indie music, but the font is also 'childish' enough to relate to my target audience.

The final font, Diesel, looks more professional than the other three fonts, and is the type of font I would use if I wanted my magazine to look more serious, or if my target audience was an older generation. The font is designed to look as if it has been typed on a type writer, and this is something older generations could relate to. I added this font to compare how much of an impact fonts can have on changing the tone of a magazine, but I would not consider using in my magazine, as I don't like the look, and it isn't the right style for what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment