Tuesday 21 December 2010

Magazine Title.

After looking at other magazine titles I have decided that I would want to use just a one word title, as it is easy for people to remember, and if it is a word that is used in everyday conversation, then it would remind people of the magazine if it is used. After doing a questionnaire about what words people associate with indie pop music, I grouped together some possible magazine names. Most of the words that people associated with indie pop music had something to do with the music being 'fresh' or 'new', basically something that was a bit out of the ordinary, not mainstream music, and therefore I decided that my magazine title should reflect this association. I also liked the idea of my magazine name beginning with the letter 'i' as it is a little different and interlinks with the fact that indie starts with the same letter. Using this information 5 magazine title ideas were formed, 'Instinct', 'Fluid', 'Inject', 'Freshie', and 'Rewind'. These were then put up for a vote and the name that was liked the most was 'Freshie', as my target audience said that it made them think that the magazine would contain new music and artists that would interest them, but it also made them think of the freshman year in American schools, which relates to their age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment